One July 10th 2023 Ironside Edge Works will celebrate its 6th birthday. To celebrate and mark this occasion we have a tradition of building a special knife, and this year is no different. The 6th Anniversary Shrike is here and its one of the most visually striking knives we have ever made!
The 6th Anniversary Shrike is entirely hand crafted, with both knifemakers being heavily involved in this project to produce a knife that is highly detailed and worth of its special tag. The blade is firstly hand cut and shaped from V-Ladder Damascus steel which was forged by South African knifemaker Pieter Goosen, and has produced a particularly special blade. The knife is configured in the “traditional” 1 & 3/4 blade configuration that the Shrike is known for, and has been forge heat treated in our own workshop. The blade is hand finished to a high polish and etched to reveal the pattern.
The 6th Anniversary Shrike’s handle has been given the special treatment as well. Our hallmark style modern Tsukamaki handle has been built upon a brass liner base, with some brass pins. The fittings are crafted from Titanium and given an anodised finish which we call “Supernova” which produces a blend of colours, in this case soft hues of blue, purple and straw. The semgawa has been antiqued and aged and the handle is completed with a brown leather tsuka-ito wrap.
The knife is finished on Japanese Water Stones for a mirror polished edge and comes with a fold-over index sheath and soft loop mount.
The other special feature of the 6th Anniversary Shrike is the accompanying Custom Watch! This knife is part of a set which includes a custom made watch built by our friend Lions Head Watches. The watch is built with a Seiko movement and features a bead blasted case, and comes with a brown leather strap as well a sa black rubber strap which is easily interchangeable. The real special feature is the samegawa dial which we are sure is not a very common feature!
This is a very special set which we are very proud of being able to produce. We decided that this year in order to give everyone an opportunity to own this special Shrike and Custom Watch combo, we are going to Raffle the set off. Please see the Raffle Rules below:
- Each purchase is one entry into the raffle.The quantity displayed indicates how many entries are still available.
- The Draw will commence when all entries have sold, or we decide to close the raffle at our discretion.
- The draw will be done on video which will be posted on our Social Media channels.
- The Knife will be shipped directly to the winner from our workshop in South Africa. Please note that the transit time will be longer as result of this.
- The Raffle is open to anyone, anywhere in the world. Shipping is included in the entry.
- You can buy as many entries as you like to improve your odds of winning.