Last updated 1st June 2023
This privacy notice for Ironside Edge Works LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “Our”) describes how we might collect, store, use and/or share (“process”) your information when you use our services (“Services”), such as when you:
- Visit our website https://www.ironsideedgeworks.com or any other website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in related ways, including electronic communications, sales, marketing or events
Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices please do not make use of our Services. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at: email@example.com
Summary of Key Points
This summary provides key points from our privacy notice, but further details can be found below for each topic.
What Personal Information do we Process?
When you visit, use or navigate our Services we may process personal information depending on how you interact with Ironside Edge Works LLC and the Services, the choices you make, and the products or features you use.
Do we Process Sensitive Information?
We do not process Sensitive Information.
Do we Receive Information from Third Parties?
We do not receive information from Third Parties.
How do we Process our Information?
We process your information to provide, improve and administer our services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with the law. We may also process your information for other reasons with your consent. We only process your information when we have a valid legal reason to do so.
In what situations and with which parties do we share Personal Information?
We may share information in specific situations and with specific Third Parties which are required for us to deliver our products.
How do we keep your information safe?
We have organisational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect your personal information. However, no transmission method over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee or promise that hackers, cybercriminals or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures and improperly collect, access, steal or modify your personal information.
What are your rights?
Depending where you are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean you have certain rights regarding your personal information.
How do you exercise your rights?
The easiest way you exercise your rights is to submit a Data Subject Access Request, or contact us. We will consider and act upon any data request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Table of Contents
- What information do we collect?
- How do we process your information?
- What legal basis do we rely on to process your information?
- When and with whom do we share your personal information?
- Is your information transferred internationally?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Controls for “Do-Not-Track” features
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do we make updates to this notice?
- How can you contact us about this notice?
- How can you review, update or delete the data we collect about you?
- What Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information You Disclose to Us
In Short: We collect personal information you provide to us.
We collect personal information you voluntarily disclose to us when you register an account on the Services, express interest in further information about us, our products or our Services, when you participate in activities on the Services or otherwise contact us.
The Personal Information provided by you.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features that you use. The personal information that we collect may include the following:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Billing Addresses
We do not process any sensitive information.
We do not collect any of your payment data directly. All of our payments are handled by Third Party Payment Platforms. This information is not stored by us.
Please visit the Payment Processor’s website for more information on how your Payment Data is processed.
All personal data you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information Automatically Collected
In Short: Some information – such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser, and/or device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information such as your IP address, browser, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URL’s, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain security and operation of our Services, and for internal reporting and analytics.
The Information we Collect Includes
- Log and usage data. Log and usage data is service related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this may include your IP Address, browser type, device information and settings and information about your usage of the Services (such as date/time stamps, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports, and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, tablet or phone or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this information may include your IP Addresses or proxy server, device and application identity numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your devices location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much data we collect depends on the type of device and settings you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based off your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information by either refusing access to the information, or by disabling the location settings on your device. However by opting out you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
2. How Do We Process Your Information?
In Short. We process your information to provide, improve and administer our Services, to communicate with you, provide security and fraud prevention, and to comply with the law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with the Services, including:
- To facilitate account creation, authentication, and otherwise manage user accounts.
- To deliver, and facilitate delivery, of services to the user.
- To respond to user inquiries / offer support to users.
- To send administrative information to you.
- To fulfil and manage your orders.
- To request feedback.
- To save or protect an individuals vital interest, when necessary. (For example, to prevent harm).
3. What Legal Basis Do We Rely on to Process Your Information?
In Short. We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e. Legal Basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to enter into or fulfil our contractual obligations, to protect your rights or to fulfil our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in the EU or UK this section applies to you:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal basis we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal basis’ to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information if we believe it is necessary to fulfil a contractual obligation to you, including providing our Services, or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information if we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information to better understand how users use our products and services so that we can improve user experience.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information when we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to co-operate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as legal evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
If you are located in Canada this section applies to you:
We may process your personal information if you have given us specific permission (I.e. consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e. implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases we may be permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely manner.
- For investigations, fraud detection and prevention.
- For business transactions, provided certain conditions are met.
- It is contained in a witness statement, and the collection is necessary to assess, process or settle an insurance claim.
- For identifying ill, injured or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe a person has been, is, or may be a victim of financial abuse.
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of the laws of Canada, or a province.
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order or rules of the court relating to the production of records.
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced.
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes.
- If the information is publicly available and specified by the regulations.
4. When and With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
In Short. We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following categories of third parties.
Vendors, Consultants and Other Third Party Service Providers
We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us or on our behalf, and require access to such information to do that work. We have contracts in place with these third parties which are designed to help safe guard your personal information. This means they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we instruct them to do so.They will also not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Data Analytics Services
- Finance & Accounting Tools
- Payment Processors
- Courier & Logistics Services
We may also need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
6. Is Your Information Transferred Internationally?
In Short. We may transfer, store and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States of America. If you are accessing our Services from outside the United States please be aware that your information may transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your information in South Africa as part of fulfilling our obligations to our customers.
If you are a resident the European Economic Area (EEA) or United Kingdom (UK), then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. However, we will take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable laws.
7. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
In Short. We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary, for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting and other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information for longer than the period of time users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymise such information, or if this is not possible (for example if you personal information has been stored in backup archives) then we will securely store your information and isolate it from further processing until such time as it can be anonymised or deleted.
8. How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
In Short. We aim to protect your information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable organisation and technical security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic submission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals or other unauthorised third parties will not defeat our and improperly collect, access, steal or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
9. Do We Collect Information from Minors?
In Short. We do not knowingly collect data from or market to anyone under the age of 18 years.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18 years. By using the Services you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or legal guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependant’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from person’s less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from persons under the age of 18 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10: What are Your Privacy Rights?
In Short. In some regions such as the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK) and Canada, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change or terminate your account at any time.